Thursday, December 24, 2009

Rehab for Steven Tyler

Rehab for Steven Tyler
by Music-News.com - December 24 2009


Wayward Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler has checked himself into rehab.


The Aerosmith frontman entered an unnamed centre to seek treatment for his addiction to painkillers, which comes from years of orthopaedic injuries.

The 61-year-old rocker – who was recently rumoured to have quit the band - said in a statement: "With the help of my family and team of medical professionals, I am taking responsibility for the management of my pain and am eager to be back on the stage and in the recording studio with my bandmates Joe Perry, Joey Kramer, Tom Hamilton and Brad Whitford.

"I love Aerosmith and I love performing as the lead singer in Aerosmith. I am grateful for all of the support and love I am receiving and am committed to getting things taken care of."

Steven’s actress daughter Liv Tyler has revealed she is proud of her father for getting the help he needs.

She said: "My family and I are in complete support of my dad's decision to seek treatment. He is a courageous man. We love him and are so proud that he is getting help to balance his pain management, not just for himself but for his family, friends and fans."

In 2008, Steven went to rehab for a pain and sleep medication dependency.

Music-News.com
(Had a feeling Steven was in trouble with substances. Wishing him the best)

No comments: