Sunday, July 17, 2011

Unlocking Jimmy Page - Site Launch



Unlocking Jimmy Page - Site Launch

As the roman numerals and the hourglass with sand ticked off the days until "the launch" fans of Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page awaited patiently for the BIG day.

JULY 14, 2011 - the day finally arrived. On Thursday in my email box there was an invitation for me to go to the new Jimmy Page website. As a dedicated Zep fan I had been counting down the days eagerly awaiting the website's debut.


Upon arrival there was a screen with music (a riff Jimmy Page found of himself playing long ago that he had forgotten about and thought it would be great to put up on his new site) but that was all you could access, to go beyond into the site you had to unlock it with a key.

You get the key (or access) when you create a user profile. What is this I said to myself, I have to have a key to access the site? Yes you can't just surf in and start browsing. You have to create a user profile and THEN you can get in. So I created a user profile and in I went. I know Jimmy likes to keep things tight, so it's like having a backstage pass that only fans that have access can get in.

Everyday the front of the site changes and to go in you have to have your user name and password. The site is chronicling his history in music and unlocking the vaults for the first time ever, JimmyPage.com brings you previously unseen and unheard multimedia material from Jimmy's personal archives.

He has an on this day feature: ON THIS DAY
Conceptualised and curated by Jimmy Page himself, one of the site’s biggest highlights is ‘On This Day’, a daily diary featuring events spanning the entirety of his immense career, from the 1960’s to the present day.

It has all sorts of photos of Jimmy all are watermarked and you can't save them to your computer. If you haven't yet unlocked Jimmy's site get your self down there and take a look inside! Jimmy Page Website http://www.jimmypage.com/ Oh and membership is FREE :)

Mystic Rock Boutique - Led Zeppelin T-shirts & more

2 comments:

sbo said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never sbo
seem to get there! Many thanks.

Vamp said...

Hi sbo thank you for the comment. No I don't really know how to get listed in yahoo news. Not sure how I even got there :)