Monday, September 29, 2008

Robert Plant Calls Zeppelin Rumors "Ridiculous"

Robert Plant Calls Zeppelin Rumors "Ridiculous"

Ever since Led Zeppelin's one-off reunion show last December in London, rumors have been flying that the band will reunite for a tour and maybe an album, with Jason Bonham on drums, of course. However, Robert Plant may have dashed those hopes once and for all with a message on his Web site. Plant and Alison Krauss are currently finishing up the last leg of their Raising Sand tour, which wraps on October 5 in Saratoga, CA. After that, says his Web site, Plant has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years. "Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin. Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets," reads the site.

"It‘s both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward," Plant said. "I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects."

Back in August, Bonham announced on WCSX/Detroit that he was working on new material with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones. "I've been over [to England] a couple of times. I've been working with Jimmy and John Paul and trying to do some new material and some writing," Bonham said. "I don't know what it will be, but it will be something. At the moment, all I know is I have the great pleasure to go and jam with the two guys and start work on some material. When I get there, I never ask any questions. If I get a phone call to go and play, I enjoy every moment of it."

(Well I'm not at all happy with this news. I feel quite let down by Robert. Been a fan of his for years and years, always supporting all his artistic efforts. Here is one chance for him to create some more magick with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and Jason Bonham and he chooses to just not even be involved. I know it's his right as an artist to do as he pleases and best of luck to him in all he does do. Just wish that for once artist looked at it from the fan's point of view. I believe if you are doing the art for your own pleasure than keep it for your own pleasure, once you share your art with the public and they love your art and hence make you a star, you should be grateful and remember why you are where you are and give a little back. I'm not asking Robert to have a massive tour with Led Zeppelin. What I would have loved to have seen as a fan is some new music that's it and if they wanted to do a few dates to support their new endeaver well that would be icing on the cake.)

No comments: