Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Zep Music?

New Zep Music?

Drummer Jason Bonham announced on WCSX/Detroit on Friday that as of September 1, he will be leaving the band Foreigner. But that is not the really big news. Bonham also mentioned that he has been working on new material with Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones. "I've been over [to England] a couple of times. I've been working with Jimmy and John Paul and trying to do some new material and some writing," Bonham said. "I don't know what it will be, but it will be something. At the moment, all I know is I have the great pleasure to go and jam with the two guys and start work on some material. When I get there, I never ask any questions. If I get a phone call to go and play, I enjoy every moment of it." He said it's too early to tell what will become of these jam sessions, but admitted that the "possibility of doing something is in the cards. I really felt it was in the cards from the moment we walked offstage at the [Led Zep reunion concert in London]." Bonham also explained that, before there could ever be a new Zeppelin album, "lots of politics [would need to] get ironed out." There was also no mention of Robert Plant being on board for the project.

Source: FMQB Radio Industry News

(I can see it happening. All that needs to be done is to get and convince Robert Plant that it's the right thing to do :) Robert will have to be inspired by something, so it had better be really good what the J's do to get ole Robert into the groove but when he gets into that groove watch out cause no other will groove you quite like Mr. Plant!!)

No comments: