Red Hot Chili Peppers Disband For A Year
by The Celebrity Truth - May 21 2008
Frontman for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Anthony Kiedis, has revealed that the band are taking a 12-month break following their last album and world tour, to "just live and breathe and eat and learn new things."
Speaking to Rolling Stone magazine, Keides explains, "We're disbanded for the moment. We actually took a very long time to make the 'Stadium Arcadium' record, because we wrote a lot of songs and then got way too married to them and decided we need it to be a double album. Which was a great experience, but it took forever. It was really a grueling, long haul and it followed two other very long hauls, 'Californication' and 'By The Way'."
He continues, "So we kind of started in 1999 with the writing and the recording of 'Californication' and we didn't really stop until the tour ended last year. We were all emotionally and mentally zapped at the end of that run. Cooler heads prevailed and the discussion at the end of our last tour was, "Let's not do anything Red Hot Chili Peppers-related for a minimum of one year, and just live and breathe and eat and learn new things."
As for what the band planned to do when they agreed on a self-imposed hiatus, Kiedis says, "I was about to have a brand new son. Flea is very inspired to re-up his musical direction and ability and skill and he wants to learn new stuff. John [Frusciante] has been firing away on his own, making different solo projects. And Chad [Smith] joined a jazz band and went to Japan. I'm just home, hanging out with this really cool little kid, learning how to surf."
However, despite the break, the rocker says that the urge to record with his bandmates is starting to brew saying, "But I'm starting to get just a little bit of a tingle that it would be nice to start thinking about songs and pieces of music. But just pieces."
The Celebrity Truth
(Well guys take your needed break get inspired and do it again.)