Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Black Sabbath At Roskilde Festival

BLACK SABBATH Confirmed For Denmark's ROSKILDE FESTIVAL The original lineup of BLACK SABBATH has confirmed their appearance at the 2005 edition of the Roskilde Festival, set to take place June 30-July 3 in Roskilde, Denmark. Also scheduled to perform at the festival are AUDIOSLAVE and GREEN DAY, among others.


Ooh this show sounds like it should be great...I love Sabbath, & AudioSlave, hmm some Green Day songs. The lead singer is kinda cute in his own way. Wonder who else will join this line up. The big guns here def are Sabbath :) Anyone seen Sabbath with Ozzy of course.

5 comments:

GraffitiMal said...

I saw the original Sabs with Ozzy at Liverpool Stadium in 1972 ( Vol 4 ), Liverpool Empire in 1973 ( SBS ) and 1975 ( Sabotage). He hasn't changed very much although he was a lot more mobileback then. As were we all LOL.

Oh, and in 1978 in Souhport ( Never Say Die). Ozzy was drunk on stage I swear.

Vee said...

Wow!! So it's safe to say you know your Sabbath! Lucky you, you've seen everyone I've ever wanted to see. Question....have you seen the Who and The Kinks too? How bout the Stones? It must be nice living on that side of the pond :)

GraffitiMal said...

I saw The Who in 1975. I didn't think they were that great, but I had already seen Led Zep and Pink Floyd and Alice Cooper that same year.

Never saw The Kinks .

I saw The Stones in 1981/2 . I thought they looked pretty old and feeble even then. They actually look better now!!!

GraffitiMal said...

I forgot to say that the last time I saw the Sabs live, in 1978, the support band was Van Halen. All I can remember about them
was that Dave Lee Roth looked like a Plant wannabee who spent his free time in LA drag bars.

Vee said...

LOL, you crack me up!! The Stones looked older in the 80's than NOW, LOL!! Oh I saw Keith Richards on the cover of Rolling Stone Mag forget when it was but he was topless just with his jeans and guitar thinking he was HOT stuff and all you could see was bones and wrinkles, he was AWFUL!! I was like Keith will ya wear a shirt already geeesh!!

I saw David Lee Roth and Van Halen the same year you did. He's another winner, what a poser, but I like him better than Sammy Hagger. DLR was too much a clown...if only he was more like Robert Plant, but aah no one can be quite like Plant :)